- John H. Zhang, Loma Linda University
- Richard Applegate, Loma Linda University School of Medicine
- John Calvert, Emory University School of Medicine
- Mark Coburn, Universitätsklinikum Aachen
- Ke Jian Liu, University of New Mexico
- Atsunori Nakao, Hyogo Medical School
- Daniel Rossignol, Rossignol Medical Center
- Xuejun Sun, Second Military Medical University
- Zhongcong Xie, Massachusetts General Hospital
Aims & scope
Medical Gas Research will cease to be published by BioMed Central as of November 31st. The journal will subsequently continue in cooperation with a new publisher. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief for information regarding the new publisher and submission process.
BioMed Central will continue to host an archive of all articles previously published in the journal and all articles published in Medical Gas Research during its time with BioMed Central will remain fully searchable via the BioMed Central website.
Medical Gas Research is an open access journal which publishes basic, translational, and clinical research focusing on the neurobiology as well as multidisciplinary aspects of medical gas research and their applications to related disorders.
The journal covers all areas of medical gas research, but also has several special sections. Authors can submit directly to these sections, whose peer-review process is overseen by our distinguished Section Editors:
- Inert gases - Edited by Xuejun Sun and Mark Coburn
- Gasotransmitters - Edited by Atsunori Nakao and John Calvert
- Oxygen and diving medicine - Edited by Daniel Rossignol and Ke Jian Liu
- Anesthetic gases - Edited by Richard Applegate and Zhongcong Xie
- Medical gas in other fields of biology - Edited by John Zhang
Loma Linda University School of Medicine, USA.
Professor Zhang received his medical training in Chongqing China in 1987 and his PhD in Edmonton, Canada in 1992, focused on neurobiology and in particular, cerebrovascular disorders. Prof Zhang edited the text book "Hyperbaric Oxygen for Neurological Disorders" in 2008. Currently a professor in neurosurgery and physiology, with a secondary appointment in anesthesiology and neurology at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Prof Zhang conducts translational research in medical gas and neurovascular biology fields.
- Gasotransmitter Training School, March 27, 2014
- 3rd Working Group Meeting, May 2, 2014
- 3rd International Conference on Hydrogen Sulfide in Biology and Medicine, June 4-6, 2014
- UHMS 47th Annual Scientific Meeting, June 19-21, 2014